NAASR membership has more benefits than ever.
It’s that time of year again! Please be sure to renew your membership early so that you are able to take advantage of all the benefits NAASR has to offer. By renewing early, you will have longer access to MTSR online, and you will ensure that you receive hard copy versions of the Bulletin’s Volume 51 issues.
As a NAASR member, you receive an online subscription to NAASR’s journal Method and Theory in the Study of Religion. This includes advanced articles online. Members can access the content on the Brill website https://brill.com/ with either existing account details (for renewing members) or by setting up a new account (new members). If you are a lifetime member and would like to get the online membership to MTSR, you may pay for it on the membership page using the bottom “pay now” option.
New in 2021, NAASR began partnering with The Bulletin for the Study of Religion (Equinox Publishing) and the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, along with a generous donation from a supporter, to provide all NAASR members with a subscription to The Bulletin. This will include a print subscription, mailed to each member, in addition to online access. You will receive an email from Equinox with login information for your online account.
As a NAASR member, you also receive a 25% discount on books at Equinox.
To renew or join, simply go to the membership tab on our website.
- $75 for faculty members
- $39 for graduate students, contingent/adjunct faculty, and retired faculty
- $400 for a six-year faculty membership
Please also be sure to fill out the google form with any updates to your email and mailing addresses.
We look forward your continued support in 2022.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: JANUARY 31, 2022
NAASR Media and Communications Coordinator
NAASR is looking for a graduate student or early career scholar to coordinate its social media and other online communications. Under the supervision of NAASR President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer, this individual will support social media content creation and operations.
This position will come with a Travel and Conference honorarium.
- Monitor NAASR social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Create cross-platform content promoting activities, publications, and other initiatives by NAASR and NAASR members.
- Promote NAASR’s position as a scholarly society dedicated to historical, critical, and social scientific approaches to the study of religion, as well as a relentlessly reflexive critique of the theories, methods, and categories used in such study.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about social media.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to take and upload digital photos.
- Initiative, sound judgement, and ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
- Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking.
- Comfortable utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WordPress.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email template program.
- Gain valuable social media experience and proficiency in communicating to a large audience.
- Learn how to participate in a creative and collaborative content-production process.
- Network with NAASR members and other scholars in the field of religious studies and cognate fields.
Email applications to NAASR President, Rebekka King (email@example.com) by January 31, 2022.
To apply, send your CV, a brief cover letter describing how you can contribute to NAASR communications, and how the position might be beneficial to you. Please attach 2 – 3 examples of your best work on any social media platform.
This position is a volunteer position, which includes a travel stipend to attend the NAASR annual meeting.