The North American Association for the Study of religion is accepting applications for the position of Executive Secretary/Treasurer. Applicants should send a brief statement of interest along with a copy of their CV to naasr.religion (at) gmail.com. The committee will review applications on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Job description: Executive Secretary/Treasurer (appointee of the NAASR Executive Council; 5 year term)
- Keep and file all documents belonging to the Association that are committed to the Association’s custody, and shall, as required by the President, the Executive Council, or by any of the Standing Committees, submit to the membership by mail, such matters as require the approval of or action by the membership.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Council, the Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall be the custodian of all cash and securities of the Association and shall keep full and accurate account of the receipts and disbursements in books belonging to the Association.
- Shall maintain an accurate and updated list of members and collect all dues and shall deposit all monies in the name and to the credit of the Association with such depositories as may be designated by the Executive Council, and shall disburse the funds of the Association as directed by the Executive Council, making a proper voucher for such disbursements and shall render to the Executive Council and to the membership periodically or upon request, an account of all transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of the Association.
- Reserve rooms annually and organize the annual meeting, in collaboration with the program committee.
- Keep full and complete minutes of all meetings of the members, Executive Council and Standing committees as well as complete records of all action taken by these bodies.
- Periodically email NAASR members and members of the Executive Council with news and information.
- Update NAASR’s website.
- Post on NAASR’s social media (e.g., Facebook and Twitter).
- Update NAASR’s databases.
- Forward membership rosters to Brill and Equinox.
- Prepare annual report for the Executive Council.